Meet our Longest Serving BAG Member: Frank Chamberlin
Frank Chamberlin is the founding director of business writing consultancy Action Words. Since 1998, Frank and his small team of marketing copywriters have been producing a wide range of written communications from annual reports to brochures, newsletters, appeal letters, press releases and website copy. If a business wants something written, Action Words can do it.
Why did you join the Business Advisory Group?
As a Yarra resident I have a natural desire to be involved in the issues that affect local lifestyle and amenity. As someone running a small business within Yarra, I have the added perspective of balancing the needs of residents with commercial activities.
What do you consider are the top three issues facing businesses in Yarra?
1. Transport. Business people and residents alike should be able to move in, out and around Yarra with ease.
2. Parking. Careful consideration needs to be made where residential and commercial precincts cross over.
3. Getting the business and residential mix right so we can live and work together harmoniously.
What is great about doing business in the City of Yarra?
1. The proximity to the Melbourne CBD is fantastic.
2. Similarly, the public transport options within Yarra make for convenient travel within and beyond the city.
3. The range of retail options in the various shopping strips. We've got it all!